A23 Mercury Vapor Lamp
- A23 Bulb Type
- Medium Base
- Coated Finish
- 6000 Average Rated Hours
- 4000 Lumens
- 100 Watts
HID (High Intensity Discharge) Basics:
The operational concept of HID lamps are very similar to fluorescent lamps. HID lamps include Mercury Vapor, Metal Halide, High Pressure Sodium/Low Pressure Sodium (SOX).
- In an HID lamp, the electrical arc, gasses and metals are contained in the arc tube.
- Like fluorescents, HID lamps require a ballast to control the electrical current in the arc tube.
- HID lamps need a start-up time to reach their full brightness. This usually takes 5 to 10 minutes.
- Uses a small amount of liquid mercury sealed in a quartz tube with argon gas
- Produces both visible and invisible UV light.
- Used in street lighting, parking lots, general flood lighting, and places where long life is not required and color rendering is not critical.