T21 Low Pressure Sodium Sox Lamp
- T21 Bulb Type
- BY22d Base
- Clear Finish
- 16000 Average Rated Hours
- 13500-30000 Lumens
- Operating Position: Horizontal ± 20°
- 90W, 135W or 180W
HID (High Intensity Discharge) Basics:
The operational concept of HID lamps are very similar to fluorescent lamps. HID lamps include Mercury Vapor, Metal Halide, High Pressure Sodium/Low Pressure Sodium (SOX).
- In an HID lamp, the electrical arc, gasses and metals are contained in the arc tube.
- Like fluorescents, HID lamps require a ballast to control the electrical current in the arc tube.
- HID lamps need a start-up time to reach their full brightness. This usually takes 5 to 10 minutes.
High Pressure Sodium/Low Pressure Sodium (SOX):
- Incorporates solid sodium, mercury and xenon or a neon/argon gas mixture
- Boasts a luminous efficiency that is much greater than its mercury vapor or metal halide counterparts
- Used in street lighting, industrial hi-bay, parking lots, building flood lighting and general area lighting
S4873 , S4874 , S4875